Discover your dream, your vision, your mission
There is a meditation I do with my clients that helps them tap into the core of who they are and ultimately helps lead them to their vision. I’m going to share an abbreviated version of that with you here.
This meditation came about one day in the middle of a session with one of my clients. I suddenly got the nudge to do this with her. Total Divine inspiration and I was afraid to share it with her. But I swallowed my fear and I said to her “Would you be willing to play with me? I just had an idea come in and you might think I’m totally crazy here and that’s ok I kinda feel that way myself! What’s coming in is an idea for a meditation. I have no clue what it will look like but this nudge is so powerful, I cannot ignore it.” And she said yes.
What transpired was nothing short of magical. By the end, we were both in tears. It was THAT powerful.
So, set a timer for 10 minutes and then get comfortable.
And here’s what I want you to do:
First, take a couple of deep breaths, slowly in through your nose and out through your mouth. Feel the breath all the way down. Relax into it.
Then. . .
- Think of something that really makes you happy. Something you deeply love and enjoy. It can be an event from your past or an activity you really love doing. I want you to get deeply in tune with this and how it makes you feel. Replay it in your mind.
- Tap into how this makes you feel. It may be happy, joyful, excited, alive, curious. It may be freedom or love or serenity or peacefulness. And I want you to really allow that feeling rise within you.
- Where do you feel it in your body? It could be your solar plexus, your heart, your gut. Wherever it is, I want you to focus there. Place ALL of your focus on that space within you
- I want you to then take this feeling and allow it to radiate throughout your body. Feel it extending through your entire being. Allow it to permeate every cell, every atom, every molecule, every organ, every fiber of who you are. Let it really sink in to each part of you. Let it envelope you fully.
- KNOW that this feeling IS WHO YOU ARE at your inner-most core. This feeling is who you are at your inner-most truth. It is YOU. All of you. The truth of your soul.
- Sit with that notion for a little while and when you’re ready, open your eyes.
What is that feeling for you? Write it down in your journal.
Every day, from now and for the rest of your life, I want you to wake up in the morning and recall this feeling. Take 5 minutes to connect with that space within you and allow that feeling to guide your day.
And every day, in everything you do, BE that. It is who you are. Let everything you do, speak, write, share come from this truth.
Discover your why
Once you know your core truth, you can tap into what really moves you. Why do you do what you do? What makes you tick? What is your reason for being?
Let me share another part of the One Generation Peace Project story with you.
When my coach and I were talking a few weeks after the a-ha moment in the restaurant, she asked me WHY I felt so strongly about my vision. What made me KNOW so deeply that this is my path? And I said “Because I know that we can create a world of peace and love in One Generation.” And she said, “There’s your name – One Generation Peace Project.”
But my WHY is really deeper than that. As I felt into that space, I came to know that my reason for this vision and for all I do, is that I want my grandchildren and my great- grandchildren and all future generations to grow up in a world without violence and war and poverty and hunger.
So, let’s go there for you –
What makes this vision so special for you? Perhaps it’s your family. Maybe it’s a sense of compassion. It could be knowing that you’re making a difference. What is at the core of this idea? I want you to sit with this question for a little while. Journal it out if you need to. Really dive into it. Be with this question.
If you’ve done the work I asked you to do with spending 30 minutes a day BEING with yourself and getting in touch with your inner guidance, the answer will come pretty quickly – if you don’t know it already. And I’m willing to bet that if you come to it from that space, you’ll know immediately without any hesitation.
What is your deeper why? Write it in your journal.
Create your one-line statement
In my story above, you may have noticed my one-line statement – “Because I believe we can create a world of peace and love in One Generation.” Let’s create one of those for you.
Chances are, if you’ve sat down and really honed in on your deeper why, you already know what that statement is. If not, do this simple practice to help you. Write your answers to the following questions in your journal.
- What do you believe about your why?
- What do you believe about your vision, your mission?
- What is the essence of your vision?
Then summarize those answers into your statement and write it in your journal. Write it on a sticky note too and put where you can see it every day.